Cooperating For a Healthier Future for Our Environment
Brothers Industrial Services realizes the importance of the proper safeguard to our environment. While doing our work, we consider the appropriate protection of people, animals, plant life, air, water and soil. We use, store and dispose of products in such a manner that provide appropriate protection to the environment. Workers are kept informed and practice doing their jobs in such a manner that causes minimum environmental harm and waste of materials. Where possible, we recycle and promote the use of recycled products. Everybody working together can help provide a healthier future for our environment.
Environmental Facts about Dry Ice Blasting
Did you know?
- Dry ice blasting is clean and safe
- Dry ice is non-toxic, non-hazardous and inhibits mold and bacteria growth
- Dry ice blasting is safe to use with food processing equipment
- Dry ice blasting does not release harmful gases into the atmosphere
- Dry ice blasting does not generate secondary waste
- Dry ice blasting reduces or eliminates employee exposure to (and corporate liability from) the use of dangerous chemical cleaning agents
Other cleaning methods can be toxic
- Sand, soda, or water blasting can leave toxic secondary waste to be cleaned up in addition to the toxic substrate
- Sand, soda, or water blasting can create downstream contamination that effects surrounding installations
- Soda blasting can kill surrounding vegetation
- Chemical and solvent cleaning methods are toxic, which creates toxic waste to be disposed of
- Workers are exposed to potentially harmful substances through the use of chemicals and solvents
Completely Environmentally Friendly
In addition to being clean and safe, it is also important to remember that dry ice is obtained as a byproduct of other industrial processes (it is made from reclaimed CO2). It does not produce CO2 or add CO2 to the atmosphere and therefore does not contribute to the greenhouse effect.
Dry ice blasting is truly, and completely, environmentally friendly!